Tuesday 9 November 2010

Wedding Supplier Wednesday - More Than Words

Happy Wedding Supplier Wednesday! And boy have we got a cracker to warm you up and take away the rainy blues!!

Today we are featuring the lovely Lisa Long, Owner and 'chief designer' of the serious amazing 'More Than Words' typographic artwork.


Launched in 2010 and run from a home studio in Berkshire, Less than a year on, Lisa's artwork has been commissioned by customers across Europe, America and Australia. High profile clients include Dannii Minogue, screenwriter and film director Richard Curtis and TV executive Donna Taberer, and More Than Words artwork decorates the walls of well-known corporate clients such as the headquarters of Wedding Ideas Magazine, the UK's leading 'bride's bible'. Check out Lisa’s impressive PRESS here.
Seriously – how gorgeous are these pieces!!! Lets have a chat with Lisa and let her tell us all about it:
In a nutshell, I create bespoke typographic artwork capturing memories as works of art. The wedding market has become a huge part of the business and I create several pieces a week as gifts and keepsakes for happy couples to cherish. Our philosophy is to provide our customers with premium quality, original artwork at affordable prices. We pride ourselves on our passion for art and interiors and the desire to bring our clients something different. More Than Words offers artwork to suit any home and unique gifts for all occasions.
I have always loved design, in all shapes and forms – interiors, graphics, illustration, but it wasn’t until I took time out of a busy career to look after my children that I decided it was time to follow my passion and launch my own design business. I actually fell into the typographic design side as a result of creating a piece of art for our home, after struggling to find artwork that was affordable but premium quality, a great talking point, and something unique that we really loved.
I have a ‘thing’ for fonts…their simplicity has such impact, they surround us all day every day… so I created what is now the ‘original Memories Canvas’ to adorn our walls. A collection of our favourite memories as a piece of word art on a huge canvas in colours to match the room. I had so many requests for friends and family to create something for them…and from there More Than Words was born.
More Than Words typographic artwork is very unique, especially the gorgeous vintage framed canvas. Customers have the ability to submit their words and even mix their own custom colours via the website...I get many requests to match the wedding theme colours and I love being able to offer that service. Every single piece of art is also produced and hand-finished to strict Fine Art standards so you will not find any better quality.
I love that each new request is unique. I get really excited every time a new order comes through and I read down the list of quirky words and requested fonts and colours. The best part of the job is also doing something that I have immense passion for.I can fit it in around my children, aged 1 and 3. I tend to working late into the evenings once they have gone to bed, and use any free time I can get to design artwork and grow the business. I also LOVE when my customers actually take time out of their day to email or call me to say how pleased they are with their artwork.

This is my absolute FAV piece Lisa has ever made....isnt it stunning!!!!
And just to tease us, Lisa finished her interview by saying
watch this space for some fantastic new pieces coming soon.....

Ekkk – I cant wait to see what she comes up with next!!! THANK YOU so much for allowing us to feature your company on our blog and we wish you continued success!

You can find details about the bespoke and limited collection designs at www.morethanwords.uk.com, Call Lisa on 01628 627944 or email on sales@morethanwords.uk.com.More Than Words also sells through a handful of selected retailers, which can be found HERE.

See – didn’t I say we had a cracker today!!! I hope you agree!! If you would like to feature on our Wedding Supplier Wednesday Blog please email lisa@jonkeithdiamonds.co.uk

If we can help you with any bespoke Jewellery please contact Jon on 07904123297 or email jon@jonkeithdiamonds.co.uk

Have a nice day!

JKD

1 comment:

  1. I adore Lisa's work, it is so original. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete