Wednesday 12 January 2011

Wedding Supplier Wednesday - Common Farm Flowers

Happy Wedding Supplier Wednesday!

We hope you are all having a good day? We have a bit of a different Supplier for you today, with the lovely Georgie from Common Farm Flowers....and we cant wait for her to tell you all about it!


We are a 7 acre smallholding in South East Somerset which we are gradually turning over to the production of flowers for cutting. We grow a huge variety of wonderful flowers which we cut to order and make up into bouquets and posies which we post throughout the UK 12 months a year. We also supply weddings. We grow our flowers organically though we can't run to organic status yet but hope too soon.


Our business is not yet a year old though we've been making bouquets and selling sweet peas as a hobby for several years. We decided to start the business because we couldn't grow enough sweet peas to satisfy the demand from our barrow and honesty box outside the house and because when I was sent a bouquet of home-grown roses through the post by somebody else I looked at them and thought 'I could do better than that!' We are different from other florists/flower farmers in that we are both. We bring our creative flair to our planting. We grow flowers for their fragrance and their beauty, not for their ability to survive a week in cold storage.

Our flowers are picked to order so they are as fresh as they can possibly be when they arrive with the client. We do not buy anything in. Everything we use is grown by us at Common Farm.
The best bit about my working day is when I can escape outside to the flower fields. Today we planted twenty rose bushes which I ordered back in September. We'll be cutting them for posies and weddings this coming summer. I used to work in fashion in Paris, then I became a novelist. Now I'm a flower farmer and florist. My mother arranged flowers at the Dorchester Hotel in the 1960s and her garden's now listed in the Yellow Book. I like to think that there's a green fingered gene which the scientists have yet to identify. And that I could fashionista and write until I was blue in the face: in the end it was my fate to end up growing flowers to cut for my own floristry business.


Isnt this a brilliant little company?? Wishing you the Best of luck with it Georgie! For more info on Common Farm Flowers check them out on FACEBOOK.

If you would like to appear on our Wedding Supplier Wednesday then please email lisa@jonkeithdiamonds.co.uk. If we can help you with any bespoke jewellery please email jon@jonkeithdiamonds.co.uk or call 07904123297.

Have a nice week!

JKD

No comments:

Post a Comment