Wednesday 14 July 2010

Wedding Supplier Wednesday – Illyria Events

Oh yes, its that time in the week again where we feature another wonderful Wedding Supplier, and we have a treat for you today with the brilliant Illyria Events, who are a wedding and events planning company established in early 2010 by Jeannine de Sousa:
‘Following a successful career in project management, I felt I was at a stage in my life where I needed to venture out on my own. I also wanted to make a career change and work in a different industry, but at the same time be able to draw on my existing skills.
Starting up a wedding and events planning company was kind of organic and logical for me, a combination of excellent project management and organisation skills, ability to thrive, in fact crave pressure, my love of cooking, entertaining, interior design and the fact that I have previously planned so many parties for family member and friends, all helped me make the choice’
‘We plan and manage weddings and other parties such as: Christmas parties, Birthday’s, Retirement parties, Bat/Bar Mitzvah’s, Themed parties, Housewarmings and basically any party you can think of and feel like hosting’
‘We are based in Blackheath but work across the UK. I am South African (have dual citizenship) and have been in the UK for 11 years. As a result and because I love Cape Town, we also offer full event planning services for UK couples wishing to have their wedding or civil partnership abroad’
‘In 2008, I was awarded the Atkins Inspire Award for Woman in Construction, category “Outstanding Achiever”. This was an endorsement of my abilities as a project manager and consultant. Over a period of 11 years I have worked on a vast number of interior and construction projects for blue chip clients.
As a consultant, I have been involved in planning whole project life cycles for large organisations, defining and prioritising what projects they ought to do, what they will achieve if they do them, the costs, programme, risks and benefits of doing them.
I used to manage project budgets ranging from as little as £500k to £7m, as well as very complex programmes sometimes for projects stretching over 2 or 3 years.
You have to be a good listener and correctly interpret a client’s needs and ideas otherwise you will not deliver something that represents them, it might be beautiful, but it wont be them.
Exceptional organising skills are also very important as well as a good dose of creativity and a natural flair for design.
A client might just have a word and idea of the style they want in mind…say “butterfly and dramatic”, you then have to be able to read, analyse and observe that client so that in no time your mind starts filling up with images and ideas for a styling concept that will suite their personalities and lifestyle and one which you need to incorporate into venues, food, décor, fabrics, colours etc’
‘I really enjoy planning and putting together concepts and ideas and turning them into something real and tangible. I really do enjoy making people happy. It might sound clichéd but I get a real kick out of seeing a sparkle in someone’s eyes and knowing I had something to do with putting it there’These images are just incredible, and Jeaninne obviously has a huge passion for her work! Illyria Events can be contact via there website www.illyria.uk.net

Have a lovely Wednesday – and if we can help you with anything please get in touch!
JKD

No comments:

Post a Comment