Wednesday 23 March 2011

Wedding Supplier Wednesday - Boho Weddings and Events

Happy Wedding Supplier Wednesday!

WOW, what a beautiful day! Long may it continue!!!! To add more sunshine to your life, today we are featuring the truly awesome Kelly Hood, the Wedding Planner and Wedding Blogger behind the brilliant Boho Weddings and Events
Lets here what Kelly has to say:
I’m based in Sheffield, and plan weddings across the whole of Yorkshire, Cheshire, Manchester, the East Midlands and Ibiza. Basically within a 2 hour radius of where I live. My blog is reaching right across the world which I’m really chuffed about.

Photographer:http://www.s6photography.co.uk/

I started researching the idea and going on business courses in June 2009, My website went live in December 2009 and I did my First wedding on 29th Dec 2009.
Photographer: http://www.anniepeelphotography.com/

Photographer: http://www.anniepeelphotography.com/

It’s the cliché story…I got married myself and loved the planning process so much that I just didn’t want to let it go. I’d done a lot of event planning for charities before that, so when I was planning my wedding I could see how I could tie the experience from both together. I got made redundant on the last day of my honeymoon, so decided that it was the push that I needed to work for myself. There wasn’t a whole load of jobs in the market place at the time, so I decided to make my own job…………I haven’t looked back since!

I have to admit I have seen a growing number of wedding planners pop up in my area, and across the country, but we are all different. I purposely set out to create and plan weddings for the more unconventional couple, so focusing on the more non-traditional weddings. I have marketed myself that way and luckily I have got a whole host of really wonderful couples to work with.
I also cover weddings in Ibiza, which sets me aside from most wedding planners in this country. People seem to like the fact that they can meet and talk to a wedding planner in the UK who has actually done it themselves.
Also this is my full time job, so I can dedicate myself to my couple 100%. I couldn’t do this alongside another job, it’s all consuming and you need to be totally dedicated.


What’s the best bit about your working day?

Wow that’s a tough question. I love meeting couples for the first time and finding out more about them and what plans they have, I’m a people person so love the fact that I can talk about weddings all day! I also love the creative elements of my job, coming up with new ideas for my couples, sourcing new inspiration. I love meeting them at the venue and brainstorming with them, I do go off into my own little wedding bubble! I also love the actual planning, tacking a list of things the couple need to do and break all the jobs into monthly to do lists……I’m very structured and live my life on a constant time line (I know how sad) so I love implementing some sort of order into other people’s lives.
But the best bit has to be watching the couple get married, after all that is what it is all about. Being present at someone’s wedding really is such a special privilege!
Photographer: s6photography.co.uk

Photographer: S6photography.co.uk

I work with all sorts of brides with a variety of budgets ranging from £2K - £40K. I have a huge range of services starting with the Boho Hour, going up to the Boho planning workshop, design and styling service, guest management, supplier search, venue search, on the day co-ordination, the rescue remedy, partial planning and full co-ordination. So anyone can use a planner it isn’t just for the rich and famous.
The venue search, on the day co-ordination and partial planning are the most popular.
I am about to launch a selection of other services in the next few weeks, including photo booth hire, and a DIY making service……….watch this space.
And as for the blog my numbers have been growing well over the last few months so I feel I am now ready to take on sponsors, again watch this space!
Photographer: http://www.lisaabbottphotography.co.uk/


Photographer: http://www.lisaabbottphotography.co.uk/

Photographer: http://www.lisaabbottphotography.co.uk/

WOW - we just LOVE Kelly's work. Thank you so much for allowing us to feature you on the blog! The Boho Website can be found HERE and the incredible blog HERE.

If you would like to feature on our Wedding Supplier Wednesday please email lisa@aimagents.com or if we can help you with any bespoke Jewellery contact jon@jonkeithdiamonds.co.uk

Have a sunshine filled day!

JKD
FACEBOOK


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for featuring me today, lots of love to you and your readers. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete